I stole this from McSweeney’s. I’m not this clever.
1. “Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead.”
2. “We are Satan’s generation.”
3. “As I was walking among the fires of hell, delighted.”
4. “The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.”
5. “The child of burning time has gone. He hasn’t come back.”
6. “Flames of profligacy, naked bodies flowing in the stream of wild dreams.”
7. “The original Archangel or possessor of the command of the heavenly host, is called the Devil.”
8. “The sulphur-kingdom, purgatory, hell`s damnation, no man will be perditioned for all time.”
9. “Sooner murder an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires.”
10. “Every man is therefore guilty of all the good he did.”
The key is here. How many did you get right?
i like mcsweeny’s cuz some one took the time to write those things! it’s stupid AND erudite all in one!
Exactly. Silly yet well-read.
inclusive AND intimidating.
Snarky and sincere.
kinda like…. well. you, joe.