Holy crudbutt, I haven’t posted anything since August 21st. My bad!
This is Converge’s new single and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I don’t actually have an opinion at all. Listen to it. Tell me what you think.
Because I do love you all so very, very much and want to let you know on this beautiful, false holiday, I’ve prepared a little mix for you to enjoy. I was originally just going to post a Carcass video and be done with it, but that felt a little cheap so I spent the last hour and a half preparing a heart warming Valentine’s Day mix for all my readers.
1. Acid Bath “Paegan Love Song”
2. Anal Cunt “In My Heart There’s a Star Named After You”
3. Neaera “Definition of Love”
4. Pig Destroyer “Girl in the Slayer Jacket”
5. Network “Love on the Lips of a Whore”
6. Agents of Oblivion “Dead Girl”
7. Gwar “Rock N’ Roll Never Felt So Good”
8. Converge “Heartless”
9. Pantera “This Love”
10. The Red Chord “Love on the Concrete”
11. Carcass “No Love Lost”
12. Biohazard “Love Denied”
13. As I Lay Dying “Empty Hearts”
14. Pro-Pain “Make War (Not Love)”
15. Slayer “Love To Hate”
16. Cannibal Corpse “Infinite Misery”
17. Agoraphobic Nosebleed “The Newlyweds Are Raped”
18. Unearth “Black Hearts Now Reign”
19. The Hope Conspiracy “Defiant Hearts”
20. Morbid Angel “Nothing But Fear”
21. Emperor “Ensorcelled By Khaos”
22. Celeste “Il y aura des femmes à remercier et de la chair à embrocher”
23. Killswitch Engage “My Last Serenade”
24. Deicide “Till Death Do Us Part”
25. DMX Crew “You Can’t Hide Your Love (Hidden Love Mix)”
There you have it! 25 unrelenting tracks of pure Valentine’s Day LOVE.
And in case you want to download the whole thing and listen to it at home, at work, in the car, at the gym, while making love, in jail, on a spaceship, while fighting orcs, or anywhere else you need a Valentine’s Day soundtrack, you can get it here: Valumtime’s Day 2011
Director Craig Murray was clearly inspired on this one by the Japanese film Tetsuo- The Iron Man, a proto Japanese gore horror classic. The video itself is a visual assault that matches Converge’s trademark intensity perfectly. I’ve not yet heard the record this track comes from, but Jane Doe has to be one of my all time classics. Enjoy.